Saturday, October 10, 2009

Uber-nerd

The other day, Adrien was laying out his dinosaur cards (I know...you're all very jealous) when he paused and pointed to one he had just put down (in neat rows...yes, our child is obsessive). He asked me what it was called, so I read it off to him... "Gallimimus" without paying much attention to the image. "Comme une poule" he said ('like a chicken'). "Wow, that's great!" I responded "yeah, the latin name for chickens is gallus, and so..."...at which point I paused and realized that I'm a super-nerd, and my poor child is doomed...! Sorry in advance Adrien! But then I looked at the card and that dinosaur sure does look like a chicken...so I guess he's pretty observant (and probably not a latin scholar yet)...and probably doomed by his genes!

No comments:

Post a Comment